- Grand Opening and Open House to be held in September
- Bleckley Memorial Hospital Announces Opening of "The Gift Shop"
- Bleckley Memorial Hospital Now Offering Sleep Studies Including EEGs
- Bleckley Memorial Hospital Upgrades to 16 slice CT Scanner
- Bleckley Memorial Hospital Holds "Active Shooter" Disaster Drill
- Bleckley Memorial Hospital Upgrades Ultrasound Equipment
- Bleckley Memorial Hospital Increasing the Comfort of Patients with New State of the Art Beds
Visiting the Hospital
Hospital Visiting Hours:
Some patient areas may have restrictions or limitations on visitation based on clinically necessary or reasonable circumstances. Please check with the nursing unit to determine any restrictions/limitations.
A cafeteria for employees, physicians and visitors is available at our hospital. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served each day.
Snack and vending areas are also available in our hospital 24 hours day and offer coffee, soft drinks, and snacks.
- Breakfast : 7:30-9:30
- Lunch: 11:30-1:30
- Dinner: 3:30-5:00
Contacting patient rooms:
To contact a patient’s room at Bleckley Memorial Hospital, please dial 478-934-6211 and be prepared with the patient’s name and room number.
A good visit:
Spending time with loved ones during a hospital stay benefits both patients and visitors. The following guidelines will help make your visit a pleasant experience for everyone:
- Call ahead to make sure your loved one is feeling well enough for company. Ask when he or she would like you to visit and for how long.
- Hospital Beds
- Ask your loved one whether bringing along infants or small children is desirable.
- Be sure to follow the hospital’s scheduled visiting hours.
- If you smoke, please remember that all Taylor Health Care Group facilities and campuses are tobacco-free. Tobacco use any of any kind is not permitted.
- Respect your loved one’s privacy by knocking and waiting for permission before entering the room.
- Be mindful of other patients and be careful not to disturb them with excessive noise or other activities.
- Limit the number of visitors in your party to no more than two at a time.
- Before bringing a gift of food or flowers, be sure to ask about the patient’s dietary restrictions, allergies, personal likes and dislikes, and hospital rules.
- To avoid spreading infection to patients, visit only if you are well.
- Honor any “no visitors” signs or other instructions that may be posted in the hospital.
- Allow the patient to make comfort-related choices, such as visit length and frequency, whether lights are on or off, and when to watch television.
- Be considerate and respectful of the patient’s privacy—step out of the room if a procedure or consultation needs to be performed while you are present.
- If the patient has requested that his or her health information not be shared with family and/or friends, please respect that choice.
- Avoid the temptation to offer advice. It’s helpful to ask questions and even more important to simply listen to the patient’s fears, concerns and thoughts.
- Rest is an important part of recovery. Keep your visit brief (15 minutes or shorter) unless your loved one asks you to stay longer.
If you have any questions, please contact us:
Bleckley Memorial Hospital
145 E Peacock St
Cochran, GA 31014
Phone: (478) 934-6211