- Grand Opening and Open House to be held in September
- Bleckley Memorial Hospital Announces Opening of "The Gift Shop"
- Bleckley Memorial Hospital Now Offering Sleep Studies Including EEGs
- Bleckley Memorial Hospital Upgrades to 16 slice CT Scanner
- Bleckley Memorial Hospital Holds "Active Shooter" Disaster Drill
- Bleckley Memorial Hospital Upgrades Ultrasound Equipment
- Bleckley Memorial Hospital Increasing the Comfort of Patients with New State of the Art Beds
Swing Bed Program
Bleckley Memorial Hospital’s swingbed program is available for use when a patient no longer needs acute care but still needs skilled nursing care and rehabilitation. This program can be used if you have reached a point in your recovery where you no longer need to be hospitalized but are not physically able to care for yourself at home.
The goal of our swing bed program at Bleckley Memorial Hospital is to help you work toward reaching goals set by you and our interdisciplinary team. A strong emphasis is placed on individualized therapies and nursing care ordered by your physician so that you will be able to return to your prior lifestyle. A team consisting of your physician, specially trained nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists, dieticians, case managers, social workers, and activity personnel will work together with you and your family to see that you reach the goals established for you.
Stays are anticipated to be short-term and can be utilized for a variety of conditions including, but not limited to:
- Physical, Occupational, Speech Therapy
- Post-Surgical Care
- Cardiopulmonary/Respiratory Care
- Skin/Wound Management
- Intravenous Therapy
- Nutritional Support
- Psychosocial Support
How do I become eligible for Swing Bed Services?
If acute care hospitalization is no longer medically necessary and you meet the predetermined Medicare criteria, you may be eligible for Swing Bed care. The following criteria must be met in order for Medicare to cover Swing Bed:
- The patient requires a skilled care service that must be provided by or under the supervision of professional or technical personnel such as IV therapy, physical therapy, speech therapy, or occupational therapy.
- The skilled care service must be provided on a daily basis (or at least 5 days per week).
- The patient must have had a qualifying hospitalization within 30 days of the Swing Bed admission date.
- The patient must continue to show progress towards reaching their goals, or the goals of the health care providers.
Eligibility is assessed on a daily basis during the swing bed stay to ensure the qualifying criteria are met. Discharge planning needs are addressed, options are explored and services are arranged, if needed, to help ensure that your return to your home environment is successful. Our swing bed program is geared toward patients who have Medicare or a Medicare Advantage plan, as this is a covered benefit. However, we can accommodate people of all ages, as some insurance companies may also cover this service.
Arranging a stay
Anyone (family, parents or hospital staff) may contact Bleckley Memorial Hospital regarding our swing bed program. Patients currently at another hospital can ask to coordinate a transfer to Bleckley Memorial’s swing bed program.
Patients need a physician's referral to be eligible for our swing bed program. Patients must also have a qualifying hospital stay in a hospital setting to be eligible.
Benefits of Bleckley Memorial Hospital’s Swing Bed Program
- Recovery is in a safe and secure environment, close to home.
- Skilled nurses and physicians are available 24 hours a day.
- Access to health care specialists, including: physical therapists, speech therapists, respiratory therapists, occupational therapists and dieticians.
- Discharge planning services to arrange for Home Health therapies, nursing, supportive care and other services you may need when you return home.
- Coordinated team services are provided to help address nutrition, pain and medical management while your strength and function improves enough to return home.
Discharge planning will begin upon admission to the swingbed program. This process will help you prepare for your return home.
Bleckley Memorial Hospital’s Swingbed Program would like to be your health restoring place between hospital and home.
If you have any questions, please contact us:
Bleckley Memorial Hospital
145 E Peacock St
Cochran, GA 31014
Phone: (478) 934-6211